Monday, May 25, 2009

Update 15

As at 15 May
Hallo Tina
Thank you for your letter. I would be lying if i said all's well. I am so tired, and so stressed...
Oh, it feels as if I have lost my life. It's been 10 months that every day I have either been in a hospital, or a rehab center, somewhere. I just don't have a life anymore.

Every moring we go to the rehab, get back at 5 in the afternoon. Then I bath Claudine, and get her into her nightdress, and she goes and watches TV.
But it doesn't stop there for me. I still have to jump whenever she "ma, ma"......
I am sooo very tired..
Next week is the last week of every day rehab therapy. Thereafter it's 2 x per week. Unfortunately, I can't say that this intensive therapy has made any differance / shown any improvement. But maybe I need to look at the bigger picture, and and hope that it will eventually pay off.
Claudine spends a lot of time practising to walk, or at least trying to. She gets up off of the wheelchair, and takes 2 - 3 steps, little ones, and then holds onto anything she can. She still has her off days, when she wishes she was dead, and does not want to live beaciuse of how she looks...

Regards to your Johan, and a special hallo and hug from Claudine to Ayla please.
We will never forget how special she was with Claudine "that" weekend

Lots of love
Alta

No comments: